Saturday, May 22, 2010

Iron Man 2 Review

So I went to see Iron Man 2 on my birthday and here are my thoughts . . .

First of all, one MUST remember this is a sequel so it always looses something from the first movie in the series. Despite this, I thought Iron Man 2 was a pretty decent thrill ride.

Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow reprized their roles as Tony Stark and Pepper Potts and do a bang up job. Don Cheadle did a good job as Lt. Col James "Rhodey" Rhodes, Mickey Rourke was awesome as Whiplash, and Scarlett Johansson kicked butt as SHIELD agent, Natasha Romanoff. Oh, and did I mention SAMUEL L. JACKSON, as Nick Fury?!?!?

Was it an "original" script? Um, no. It was a definite retooling of the Iron Man script from before. But Robert Downey Jr. owns the role of Tony Stark and there was enough pyrotechnic and special effects scenes to keep most fans of Iron Man WELL entertained.

My only real complaint was that while watching the movie at The Fargo Theater downtown, the film broke part way through and we had to wait about 20 minutes for the repair and restart of the show.

All in all I would give it a four out of five movie reels.


No comments:

Post a Comment