Wednesday, March 31, 2010

wordless wednesday: galilee

Israel 2007
Sea of Galilee from Mount of Beatitudes

Phil & I didn't get to travel a lot together, but we were so blessed to visit Israel as hosts for a KFNW radio tour.  The week ended in Jerusalem, saving the sites of Jesus' passion for Friday & Saturday.  This is probably why I especially think of this tour during Holy Week.  

On Wednesday we visited the traditional site of the Sermon on the Mount.  I truly could have spent the entire day here, it was so peaceful, so beautiful.  Find Jesus' good words preached on a hillside like this in the gospel of Matthew, chapter 5.  

ps.  I thought about cropping that railing out of the photo, but I'm quite famous in our family for photographing railings of all kinds - especially bridge railings.  I just couldn't take it out!  

pss.  Sorry so many words in my Wordless Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment